The Nation's Premier Immigrant Entrepreneurs Summit
iowa small business relief fund
The Immigrant Entrepreneurs Summit is working as part of an alliance to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19. If you have an Iowa-based business of 1-7 employees or are a sole priorietor, you can qualify to apply for a $500-3,500 grant. Find out more and apply here.
Grow Your Business
The Immigrant Entrepreneurs Summit exhibits the success stories of immigrant entrepreneurs. Business growth tips and keys to success when working with immigrant populations are shared in a non-competitive and supportive environment.
jOIN US IN Minnesota ON October 17, 2020
Embassy Suites by Hilton Bloomington
2800 American Boulevard West, Bloomington, MN 55431
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Join us in a full-day business conference geared towards educating immigrants, minorities, and those new to entrepreneurship on practices that will help you start, grow, or improve your business. Our awards luncheon will honor the stories of amazing Immigrant-owned businesses to inspire you to reach new possibilities. The Summit will also include networking and exhibitors to share resources. Come learn, and let's grow together!
8:30 AM - Registration & Coffee
9:00 AM - Opening Ceremony with Keynote Yana Stockman, transition life coach
9:30 AM - Networking Breakfast
10:00 AM- Workshop Session I
11:00 AM - Workshop Session II
12:00 PM - Workshop Session III
1:00 PM - Networking break and visiting Exhibitors in Atrium
1:30 PM – Luncheon with Keynote Steve Simon, Minnesota Secretary of State
2:45 PM - Closing Meet and Greet with Award Recipients in the Atrium / visiting Exhibitors
- Doing Business with an ITIN [Monica Parra, Community CPA]
- Small Business Financing [Flip Seifert, Wells Fargo]
- Avoiding Legal Traps in Business [Don Nguyen, attorney]
- How NOT to be audited [Ying Sa, Community CPA]
- Surviving as a New Real Estate Agent [David Yang, Home Sellers, Inc.]
- Begin Investing and Trading [Lao Yang, NouStart Trading Academy]
- MN Labor Laws and Compliance [Brent Johnson, The QTI Group]
- Financial Efficiencies for Your Business [Derek Strong, Thrivent Financial]
- Internet Marketing Strategies [Justin Grant, Northscale Digital]