The 8th Annual event will be held on Saturday, November 21, 2015
Des Moines, IOWA — March 31, 2015 — The Immigrant Entrepreneurs Summit (IES) is now accepting award nominations for it’s 8th Annual event on Saturday, November 21, 2015 at the FFA Enrichment Center at DMACC, Ankeny. IES will award four outstanding immigrants, community leaders and immigrant advocates. Deadline for nominations is July 31, 2014.
The four award categories are:
- Immigrant Entrepreneur Leadership Award
For the immigrant business owner who has given his or her talent to the community through hard work and success.
- Outstanding Immigrant Business Award
Featuring the successful immigrant business venture.
- Karen L. Evans Award (Immigrant Champion Award)
The award is designed for those who take immigrant issues to heart and who advocate for immigrant businesses.
- Immigrant Spirit Award
Recognizing the altruistic and hardworking spirit of an immigrant leader.
Last year’s winners include:
- Carlos Alarcon-Schroder, Mercy West Clinics, Immigrant Entrepreneur Leadership Award
- Advanced Renewable Technology International Inc. (ARTI), Outstanding Immigrant Business Award
- Chad Simmons, Diversity Focus, Karen Evans Immigrant Champion Award
- Dimitri Papageorgio of Dimitri Wine and Spirits, Immigrant Spirit Award
Please visit www.iesusa.org for nomination form and to learn more about IES.
The mission of IES is to bring businesses of diverse backgrounds together to share, learn and celebrate the immigrant entrepreneurship experience and its contribution to the overall community. The summit will exhibit the success stories of immigrant entrepreneurs, and business owners will share ideas for business growth and their keys to success. Participants will be able to network and learn from others in a non-competitive and supportive environment.