The 9th Annual event will be held on Saturday, November 19, 2016
Des Moines, IOWA — June 20, 2016 — The Immigrant Entrepreneurs Summit (IES) is now accepting award nominations for it’s 9th Annual event on Saturday, November 19, 2016 at the FFA Enrichment Center at DMACC, Ankeny. IES will award four outstanding immigrants, community leaders and immigrant advocates. Deadline for nominations is July 31, 2016.
The four award categories are:
- Immigrant Entrepreneur Leadership Award
For the immigrant business owner who has given his or her talent to the community through hard work and success.
- Outstanding Immigrant Business Award
Featuring the successful immigrant business venture.
- Karen L. Evans Award (Immigrant Champion Award)
The award is designed for those who take immigrant issues to heart and who advocate for immigrant businesses.
- Immigrant Spirit Award
Recognizing the altruistic and hardworking spirit of an immigrant leader.
Last year’s winners include:
- Sylvia Chelimo, Kapumba Sports Inspiration Inc., Immigrant Entrepreneur Leadership Award
- North Construction and Guadalajara Restaurant, Outstanding Immigrant Business Award
- Iowa City Area Development Group and the Iowa City Downtown District, Karen Evans Immigrant Champion Award
- Suku Radia, Bankers Trust Company, Immigrant Spirit Award
Please visit www.iesusa.org for nomination form and to learn more about IES.
The mission of IES is to bring businesses of diverse backgrounds together to share, learn and celebrate the immigrant entrepreneurship experience and its contribution to the overall community. The summit will exhibit the success stories of immigrant entrepreneurs, and business owners will share ideas for business growth and their keys to success. Participants will be able to network and learn from others in a non-competitive and supportive environment.